Saturday, November 30, 2013

*knock knock knock* Housekeeping!

It's a word, after having a web site up and running since 1998, that is both necessary and the bane of my existence.  I'm finding it's the same for the pages I've created on Facebook. 

Why is housekeeping so important?

Well, Grasshopper, the links that one puts into a web site sometimes disappear from the internet, whether it be because of an internet glitch, a third party removing their internet existence, or simply updates to other people's web pages.  Photos that were creatively borrowed are taken down or moved to other photo albums.  On Facebook, accounts are hacked and the owner opts to simply delete the account and start another.  Sometimes, the third party involved becomes annoyed with the web traffic and decides they hate me.

Ok, so on that last one, it's probably nothing personal against yours truly, but suffice to say that every once in a while (in my case, generally once a year), the links should be checked and any non-working links repaired or taken down.

Such is the case with my female model for "The Tiger's Cub".  Knowing her on a personal as well as a professional level, the young lady who posed for Aloriah Starbird has some fan issues.  She keeps changing her "stage name" because some people from her past keep getting a little too strange and stalker-ish, so while she was calling herself "Elizza-Rayn Belle Louve" when I posted photos of her over the summer, she's had to change that name - again - and hasn't reposted the album that I was borrowing photos from.  Makes my life as a web designer a little more interesting, as I'm trying to help her professional life along, but have to keep changing the links.....

In the meantime, Dylan Griner, my model for Chase Benton, has updated some of his sites so that the photos I "creatively borrowed" no longer appear there, but at least it's the right web site....

So, if you're visiting The Northern Bard, or the Facebook pages for Night of the Tiger or The Tiger's Cub and you follow a link that sends you off onto a strange internet page instead of the web site I was hoping to direct you to, please let me know so I can correct the link between trips in to clean house.

In the meantime, PLEASE visit the pages for Dylan Griner, Liz Belle Louve, Joshua M. Shelton, and Sean Armenta, Theo Theodoridis, Jarah Mariano, and the others whom I've linked to.  I very much appreciate the work all of these fine people have done, I appreciate that none of them have given me grief for associating them with my characters, and I'd love to see the newest models (Dylan and Liz) as well as the photographers (Joshua and Sean) benefit from my use of their fine work.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some beds to make and some pillows to fluff........

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!