Tuesday, May 26, 2015

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get" - Lewis Carroll (and my dad.....)

I heard the quote I've used for today's title my whole life. Dad used it whenever he had a lot of things going on and not enough time in a day to get it all done.

I'm having that same issue myself, complicated by the need to move slowly due to my surgery in April. Six months after the hernia repair, I've been cleared to start putting yoga and weight lifting back into my routine - but with the caveat that I have to listen to the muscles and NOT push to the point they hurt, or at least, not yet. In short, "Feel the burn" CAN'T be part of my vocabulary yet.....

And, for a person like me, who is used to going 'hurrier" than most people around me, thiis is SO thoroughly frustrating!

Among the things I'm getting "behinder" on:

1) My flower gardens, which need weeding, mulching, and fertilizing (though not in that order) so that they look nice for the summer. (The fertilizer and mulch bags are still at the store, since I'm still not allowed to lift 40 pounds yet, and my husband is too busy with the spring fishing trips with his buddies to help me out by at least getting them home for me to be able to just take what I need out of the bag and out it where I need it.)

2) The vegetable garden, which is still waiting for my hubby to borrow the rototiller from the neighbor - and which also needs a few bags of fertilizer to get worked into the soil before I can start putting the veggies in for us to eat later this summer.

3) Getting the kayaks down to our friends camp so that, on those mornings when I'm about to climb the wall because I can't think of more than a couple of things that I'm ALLOWED to do, I can at least go and push my sorry butt around the lake, listen to the loons call, and pretend that I'm all the way healthy again for at least a little while. (Yes, the kayaks are heavier than I'm supposed to lift, but if they made it to the camp, I could viably roll the Tiggershark over and drag it to the edge of the lake.....)

And the list of things that I need to get done but am still not allowed to do goes on.......

On the good side, the editing of "Fireblossom and the Dream Weaver" is going well, at least, even if I'm keeping myself awake until after midnight and getting back up again at 5 a.m. in order to get that work done around my "day job" and the other little chores I'm allowed to do.

For those who aren't aware, "Fireblossom" has been sitting in a desk drawer since before I had my youngest child. She celebrated her 24th year on the planet in December, so the fact thst I STILL haven't completed work on this book is somewhat disturbing. In my defense, I got 687 pages, if the Microsoft program that I've been using to try to set this in the 6 x 9 format of the other books put out by Northern Bard Publications is actually correct, that I'm about halfway done editing before I continue on with the tale. I had made it that far in the transposing the story from the 5 small notebooks I initially used to write it during my lunchtimes at work and adding in the research about native Americans before the characters started to argue about the scene that came next. It seems Sir Maxwell Colburn had one idea of whree the story should go and Amy McCullum had a different idea, so......

This may well be my first 1000 page book by the time all is said and done.......

So, if anyone wants to come by for a visit to help me do some of the things my doctor says I shouldn't, drop me a line. In the meantime, a little prayer or two that I don't tear anything apart while I start work on redoing my strength training would be very appreciated.

And if anyone wants to explain to me what I was thinking when I decided a redheaded woman was going to be the main character for this particular book, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. That fiery wench can cause more trouble in ten minures than anyone I know can cause in ten days......

Off to try to get less "behinder".......


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!