Thursday, May 5, 2016

Take my stomach....please!

Yes, I know. I've just made Henny Youngman roll in his grave by mangling his joke, but it was the only thing I could think of to title this mixed-up mess with....*shrug*

While trying to concentrate on a small, red-haired female with dramatically pale green eyes and the snobbish Englishman who encounters her in the New World in 1700, I keep getting sidetracked by other things....

First and foremost is the fact that, at the end of next month, my hubby is going through a heavy-duty rebuild of his left ankle. After years of abuse, he needs to have his ankle fused before he steps wrong and ends up with a wooden peg from the knee down. (Yes, okay, so that's a bit more dramatic than the truth, but they have seriously told him that a prosthesis is in his future if he tries to just "keep on keeping on" as he has been for the ten years since he was told he had bone spurs. It might not be a pirate leg, but he doesn't like the idea of having more missing parts when he's cremated.)  His surgery means eight weeks of "non-weight bearing" and me out to assist him for the first two weeks.

Needless to say, my boss is THRILLED by the fact that I'm going to be out for three weeks - one week of vacation (so that Bill can have some fishin' time before he can't leave the house for the rest of the summer) and the two weeks of recovery post surgery right when we'll be starting "Back To School" sales.....

And then there are MY "old wench" problems, for which the doctor just told me on Tuesday is coming down to some very interesting choices, since my menopause doesn't really WANT to happen (a result, I suspect, of my mom's non-branching family tree, since this has plagued at least three generations that we know of...and maybe more):

Choice One: Continue on birth control pills until August, when she wants to do a "trial off" to see if we've managed to reset my hormones so that they'll work properly again.

Choice Two: Put in an IUD, which my husband HATED when he dated ladies who had them and may cause even more problems if it punctures anything internally.

Choice Three: A lovely procedure called "Endometrial Ablation" (see the full description here: http://www.webmd.com/women/endometrial-ablation-16200 ), which basically means they want to burn the interior of my lady parts so that we will stop trying to set up for a baby to live there.

Choice Four: A hysterectomy, which happened to my mom, my grandmother, two of three aunts, a great-aunt, several cousins....just to name the ones Mom has rattled off to me so far. This used to be Choice One before someone figured out that removing the lady bits shouldn't be the first option.

Needless to say, the doc is pushing for Choice Two or Choice Three, but we opted for Choice One because of Bill's pending surgery. I, personally, want to go for Choice Four, but the insurance companies want you to exhaust your options first....

And I want a second opinion for the insurance opinion.....*smile*

To add to all the confusion, there are little things that I need to do between now and the end of June, such as go to an eye doctor to renew my license, get the dog in for his vet visit/dental that we put off last year, learn to drive the riding lawn mower so that I can keep the lawn mowed while hubby can't do it, get the yard and gardens ready for summer, etc....

So Amy and Sir Maxwell, much as I hate putting them off yet again  - and they both sigh, as the story got written by hand in 5 notebooks, then was tucked into storage for the past 25 years while I researched America in the 1700's so that I could have my facts straight before I started the current work it's undergoing.  Those poor souls have been patiently waiting for their turn at being introduced to the public, and I feel guilty for not having the tale ready for market yet.

Ah well. Perhaps this madness I'm living through is necessary, as it took a two month "no bending, no lifting, no twisting" order back in 1997/1998 before I was able to put the finishing touches to "Night of the Tiger". As several of my religious friends keep telling me, "God moves in mysterious ways"....

I just wish his "ways" were a little more healthy for hubby and I......

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!