Monday, July 17, 2017

"Fireblossom and the Dream Weaver"

I feel bad for the characters I have to deal with for the current work.

They were "semi-sort-of-made-real" way back in the 1980's when I started the story. It actually started out as a tale of Amy helping Max Rockatansky when he was old and couldn't see for a Creative Writing class. It was a C at best because it involved some of the danger from that series. It went into my desk and was eventually forgotten.

By 1988/89, the characters changed to a young witch, who'd been really young when her father and herself were expelled from Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Max became the second son of a Lord of Colby, newly granted the name SIR Maxwell Colburn.

They granted me five initial notebooks of the story.

And then I decided to "do some research".....


Do you know how PISSED you make your characters when you stuff them into a box and haul them through several houses before you complete the "research" and start again?

Let me put it to you this way, which is the way it appears to happen to ME.....


Amy McCullum, a cute redhead with the greenest of green eyes, is just blossoming into a fine lady. She's been raised by the Indians, primarily, but has some of her father's "life lessons". (She's only been orphaned for three years.)

She thinks I took TOO LONG for the research.

Sir Maxwell, tall, dark and handsome, has developed a certain type of egotistical mastery I've got to figure out how to deal with. He's regally pointing out that a girl of Amy's standards should have to be MUCH lower on his scales, DESPITE the fact that she makes his heart do a stutter-step every day.....


And I've got to get them together for a while further.....


Wish me luck......

1 comment:

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!