Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Posting this everywhere to try to reach the "culprit from the pulpit"

If I haven't said this here yet, I'm a Wiccan.  I was raised in the Catholic Church, but had my faith shaken badly in 1980, when someone I had grown up with said "If you were a GOOD Catholic, your father wouldn't have died."  (He had lymphoma and I was still stinging from his loss after watching him slowly fade away for 18 months when she said this.)  After researching/going to several other churches over a couple of years, I discovered the Wiccan belief, which is, basically "If it harm none, do what ye will."

SOMEONE has been paying for a subscription to Guideposts Magazine for me for over two years now.  I've only opened one or two of the monthly magazines, but they usually go right from my mailbox to my recycle bin.  I contacted the magazine MONTHS ago, requesting that they "cease and desist" and notify whoever has been buying these that I am sincerely NOT interested and that I sincerely see this as a waste of everyone's time.

I got another magazine today, almost 6 months after they told me "it will take us a month or two, then they'll stop".  The company is getting the magazine back with a note basically stating that I'm going to start shredding them and sending them back starting next month, because I REALLY don't want some Christian falderal in my mailbox every month.

So, in keeping with what I'm posting everywhere else I can post it on the internet, I'm posting here as well (and I apologize for the "yelling", but I've already been arguing with Time Warner Cable about their ever increasing fees for their ever decreasing service and I REALLY don't feel like being nice about things any more today....):

PLEASE DON'T SEND ME GUIDEPOSTS MAGAZINE! I DON'T READ IT AND IT BUGS ME TO TOSS IT INTO THE RECYCLE BIN WHEN SOMEONE WASTED THEIR MONEY ON SENDING ME SOMETHING I HAVE NO INTEREST IN!  PLEASE DON'T RENEW THE SUBSCRIPTION!!!

Thank you for your time, and if you're the one who keeps sending me this, please stop wasting your money and my time!

That is all.......

1 comment:

  1. Addendum to this post: Everyone who has my home address has confirmed that they know I'm Wiccan, that I'm not interested in Christian magazines, and that they didn't pay for a subscription. Contact with the magazine's customer service brings about the feeling deep inside that they really don't have a paid subscription and purchased my name and address from someone else I do business with. If you ever get this magazine and didn't order it, I would suggest going to the hard line right away: Report them to the Better Business Bureau.

    If I was at all interested, it probably wouldn't bug me as much, but a part of me protests that I get this magazine every month that goes directly from my mail box to my overflowing paper recycle bin - which in turn fills about five times faster than the other recycle bins because of all the junk mail that shares the same fate.....

    What is this world coming to when junk, whether in emails, in mail boxes or lining the sides of our roads, accumulates faster than anything we actually want in life? It's just disturbing.

    Thanks for "listening"....

    ReplyDelete

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!