Thursday, April 10, 2014

And now let me introduce my very special guest star.......

I noted in a blog not too long ago that I was getting a second tattoo, and had posted the "first draft".  This was what I got tagged in as a final draft on April 8th by my lovely tattoo artist, Jen Jacques:


She had cleaned up some of the elements that she didn't like on the first draft, added a couple of leaves as kind of a backdrop, to make him stand out a little better - and floored me, as this is much more than what I was expecting even though I've seen a lot of her other work and have been sincerely impressed in the past.

Then came the 'big day", I arrived at the tattoo parlor psyched despite knowing I was setting myself up for a painful experience, as the first part isn't too bad, but when she gets into shading and making sure that everything is perfect, meaning she's going over already raw skin, it can get pretty painful....

But OMG!  The finished product is well worth every second of stiffness from having to sit still for a long period while she's working!  This is the first intro to "Occie" (which, when you say it aloud, sounds like "Ozzy") the Ocelot:


I look at certain elements, like inside his ears and his gorgeous eyes, and I can't help but feel honored that this beautiful young lady spent so much time and trouble to make this a truly epic piece for me to carry with me!  Once again, I'm saying that I'm not going to get another tattoo, but then again, if not for an off-hand comment by a friend about the tiger (whom I've been calling "Shere Khan" after the Jungle Book), I wouldn't now have Occie......*grin*

So, if you're coming to the Portland, Maine area and would like a truly awesome piece of art to take home with you, something permanent and one of a kind, might I suggest looking up Jen Jacques?  Until June, she's at Til Death Tattoo on Fore Street, and then she's moving on to Lucky's Tattoo Company on Exchange Street.  You, too, could have such an awesome piece of art to show off.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!