Sunday, November 23, 2014

And for my NEXT trick.....

I've been trying for years to get my husband to read my books. He's not a big romance fan, but I don't usually write the hunting and fishing type thing he likes to read.

Then the brainstorm struck when I was going through and checking my links in my pages at The Northern Bard (a couple of which need to be fixed at this point). A few years ago, as something of a joke, I wrote a couple of tales about a character we had named "Superburnerman". The tales are actual things that have happened to Superburnerman's mild mannered secret identity, but the tales are done with a little tongue-in-cheek, comic book styled dramatics in the telling.

I mentioned the brainstorm to my husband and daughter, whom I'll call Thing 1 and Thing 2 for the rest of this blog so you can follow along.....

Thing 1, my hubby, started suggesting some of the tales in which the reality was stranger than fiction, the tales that we tell our friends that always get the "this didn't really happen, did it" look.....

Thing 2, the girl child, started talking excitedly about some comic book styled drawings that could be included in the book, and she's already started to work on some concepts just for the main character....

Over the past few days, as I'm tying up the last few things on A Wild Tiger's Heart, both Thing 1 and Thing 2 keep coming up with more exciting tales and more interesting art works to accompany them, and I haven't even started the collection of stories yet.

We do, however, have a working title and a by-line:

"The Sort Of True Adventures of Superburnerman"

"Most of these stories are true. The names were changed to protect the innocent and the identities of those who might be considered criminally insane."

As soon as I confirm that the last "fixes" on the last book have been put into place, I'll be writing some interesting stories to gather into a collection. 

*rubbing my hands together in the way I find so annoying when the fly on my desktop starts doing it back*

This next book should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!