Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Another Brief Pause for a Message from Our Sponsor....*grin*

Here in America, it's Veteran's Day.  We, as Americans, reflect on the many people who have served our country in the many wars over the 200+ years we've been a country.

This is my dad, Robert L. Dow, who joined the Navy right out of high school:



He served during the Korean Conflict stateside while several of his nephews, who also joined up, went overseas.  (If I haven't already explained about my screwed up family tree, where my father, the youngest of nine children, had nieces and nephews before he was born, I'll have to address that at another time, but.....)

This is my husband, who was in the Air Force right out of high school:



My father-in-law, cousins, and many friends could also appear here if I had pictures of them in the service, as I seem to have a lot of people I associate with who thought it honorable to defend the U.S., no matter what stupid crap our politicians demand that they do......

I am honored to have known so many honorable people in my life and hope to know many more, even those who have served for other countries in their military. Those who offer to give their lives for their families and friends always have a place in my heart.

Happy Veteran's Day, America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!