Friday, June 26, 2015

“All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.” ― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

I was feeling really down recently. Here in Maine, it's been raining a lot and, although the normal temperature at this time of year is low 80's, we're barely making low 60's most days. (That's Fahreinheit for those of you who need to calculate to Celsius.)

In short, after a long, cold winter, we're having a wet, cold summer, too, it seems...

So I've been cruising Facebook a lot...and I found this lovely photograph that I resposted to my wall:



Now, I personally like this because I have a nephew who spent a LOT of time in the hospital as a baby, and he would have LOVED this....

I'm amazed at the number of people who have liked this on my timeline. I posted it on June 22, and as of today (June 26), it has 450 likes and climbing....and the lovely comments from people who liked it as much as I did has restored my faith in humanity. They mirror my thoughts on this type of person:

These Every Day Heroes deserve SO much more attention than the Reality TV types.....

Of course, now I'm trying to think how I can do some little act like this every day. It suddenly came to me that each time you help that elderly person in the grocery store, or smile at a baby who is being a little fussy and make it smile back, or any little, simple kindness that you do for your fellow man, YOU can be an Every Day Hero!

Here's to the Every Day Hero in all of us! 

May we all find that faith, trust and pixie dust is all we need to make a better world..


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!