Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hints from The Universe that NBP is Slacking Off

I love to shop on Amazon for various things, even though I don't always buy the items I've seen. For me, the part of the process that my dad always called "kicking the tires" has always been as much - if not more - fun than the actual purchase.

This is especially true as the bills from the spring hernia surgery have come rolling in, telling me in no uncertain terms that my financial guru, Selene, was absolutely right to put the brakes on my spending for Northern Bard Publications (otherwise referred to here as NBP for the sake of typing speed). While Dee Jae and I would LOVE to hire a model - or two - for the new cover for "Night of the Tiger" for its official second print edition, Selene has been keeping track of our sales and says we really can't.

So Dee Jae is looking for one final photo of a Maine barn to complete her composite photo of the barn house in Greenville, I'm working with friends in New York to try to get a photo for her of a rough looking area of the city - preferably after dark - where she can make a sign that says "BoxCars" to represent the place where Kyle Benton meets a young woman who introduces herself as Tanya LaMonte....

But in the meantime, I occasionally pop onto Amazon and see if anything new is happening with the books, especially the ones I've had the pleasute of putting together with my dear friends, who were my sounding board and my advisors when I was getting frustrated by the things I was dealing with when trying to get the Write Words Inc. version of "The Tiger's Cub" released. It was Selene who, while reading over the contracts I was considering, talked me into the idea of allowing other companies to offer our first official publication, "A Wild Tiger's Heart" with the arguement that, no matter who actually offered the book or fulfilled the order, NBP would still get our "cut"...

I'm SO glad I listened to Selene!

While looking at who was offering what, I found that the NBP books have been picked up by companies who are offering to mail paperbacks to readers in the UK and other "out of the US" locations. Having sent a couple of books to friends I've made in Australia, South Africa and Romania, I have to give those companies MAJOR kudos, as it's not an easy task to get anything, even something as simple as a book, to someone in another country. Simply getting the correct paperwork for Customs alone turned into a major hassle, resulting in the loss of one book that I was sending to Australia for Christmas somewhere in New York because I made the mistake of listening to the person behind the Post Office counter rather than accepting that the online form I had filled out was actually the correct form....

Since I see a lot of people in other countries who have come to read my blog, it's thrilling to know that there are companies you can turn to who can get you a paperback edition of NBP's hard work. It makes me work a little harder to spot the kind of barn that Dee Jae tells me she's looking for so that we can improve and re-release my first published book so that we'll be that much closer to a boxed set for The Tiger Series Romances. It makes me always say "Yes" when my boss asks me to work overtime on the off chance that I'll be able to put some of that overtime money back into the company I formed with two good friends and possibly afford either the models or the programs that Dee Jae needs to make us even better covers for future releases.

And for all future NBP releases, we'll keep the contract that allows other companies to allow any readers from other countries to get paperbacks instead of just the Kindle versions, should you be like me. While I enjoy the portability of the Kindle for such things as doctor appointments, I truly love to take along print books for my vacation trips - for obvious reasons if you read the post about recharging this author's batteries.....

Thank you all, always, for reading my blogs, and if you happen to have an account at either Amazon or Barnes & Noble and have read my books, I would dearly love to see your comments there. Even if there was something you didn't like, every comment helps me to learn and to be a better writer.

Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!