Tuesday, December 15, 2015

"Holy Hope Diamond, Batman!"

I've been getting rates for shipping three books, weighing in at a little less than 5 pounds, to places around the world for anyone who wishes to order the unofficially "boxed" set of the current trilogy - especially those who live in other countries. I don't know about my faithful readers, but I'm currently suffering from sticker shock, as I took the advice of my local Post Office Manager and used the furthest possible point on the globe (and therefore, the most expensive place) to use as the "international ship" destination.

To send three books, valued at apx. $60, to Sydney, Australia via Fedex at the "International Economy" rate would cost (big drum roll here): $163.00!

I'm not sure if it would make any kind of a difference to lower the "estimated replacement cost" should the package get lost along the way, but Holy Hannah! That price tag may well suggest why many of my friends outside the US will go for the $2.99 Kindle before they cough up the kind of cash they'd need to get the paperback sent to them!

In the meantime, I'm trying to re-do the buttons on the web page (which is also doing some shaking and shifting to a possibly shorter web address) to reflect that we at Northern Bard Publications are willing to mail you the books - but you need to be willing to absorb the shipping fee, as we aren't made of money (yet).......

So if you don't see any blog entries for a little bit, imagine me with little patches of hair gone as I further investigate shipping options and get the web page redone.....

It might be a bald New Year at this rate.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!