Sunday, October 20, 2013

The pause that refreshes

The first order has been made and filled.
The first autographed books have been delivered to the post office.
It was a day to pause, clear my mind, and prepare for my step back in time to a story I know like the back of my hand, but have never finished writing....

So naturally, I went and checked out a few blogs of writers whom I admire......

Stephen King has a new book out called "Doctor Sleep".  Having read everything else he's ever written since I pulled "Carrie" off the library shelf in high school, I'll probably read that.  I move on.

A couple of blogs down from Mr. King are a couple of entries from another favorite writer who lives in Maine:  William Kotzwinkle.  (Yes, I hear a lot of voices from past mentions of that name in my head.  The voices ask in unison: "Who??")

William Kotzwinkle, author of "ET, The Extraterrestrial", "Walter, The Farting Dog" and "The Fan Man".

A lot of people recognize the first book.  It was made into a pretty popular movie.

A lot of parents who encourage reading recognize the second one.  Either they love it because their children read it and giggle a lot, or they hate it because their children read it and giggle a lot. 

The third book gets me a lot of head tilts and confused looks.  Very few people, man, have heard of "The Fan Man", a marvelous tale about Horse Badorties, man, and his adventures in New York, man.  For those who've met Horse, man, this will be a great revisiting with an old friend.  For those who haven't met him, this will be a fun introduction to a great character, man.

http://kotzwinkle.com/blog/the-fan-man-smoothie/

Off again to the real world.  Peace, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!