Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Word from Our Sponsor......

Someone asked me yesterday about what I do in my "spare time". Um, yeah. About that......

"Spare time" doesn't exist at this time of year for me.  There are the normal tasks around the house, such as putting up a plastic barrier around the edge of the foundation before snow flies, as I live in an ancient farm house that has sincere leakage issues where the wood is rotting at the top of the cement. There's the putting up of any Halloween decorations that I want to put out. There's deciding what I'm going to do for a costume, as my husband has a co-worker that has a marvelous Halloween bash every year.

And, this year, there's the final tasks for releasing another new book.

The reviewers are reading the book and one has already given me her review.

The grammar/spell check has been run and I need to go through the second edit to confirm that the "corrections" haven't ruined the tale.

The formatting for the PDF file that goes to the printer is being done.

And we have the full-on cover that needs to be printed in glossy and matte formats so I can decide which to ask the publisher to request from the printer. This will also be my chance to note if the art director has to correct anything before the printer gets a chance at this cover.....

Here is the official front-and-back with everything except the bar code for "A Wild Tiger's Heart":


Oddly enough, when I posted this cover to the fan page on  Facebook, my fan base for the new book suddenly had an increase of 18 people - none of whom are on my friends list. I'm guessing either Daniel Sobieray or Patrice Garza (or maybe both) might have people who were on the fan list and shared. I personally like this cover better than anything I've ever had in the past, and I fully plan on taking advantage of Northern Bard Publications offer to do this kind of cover for a re-release and possible boxed set for the series......

Thank you for all of your feedback, whether here, in my private emails, or on Facebook. I'm really enjoying this little "give-and-take" with this release, and hope that some of the writers who are following this blog will consider having work looked at by NBP. I'm more relaxed with this release than I have been in a long time, and am extremely happy with the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!