Friday, February 13, 2015

When dealing with Mother Nature, does one cry uncle.......or aunt?

I live in the northeast of the United States. For any who haven't heard, we've had LOTS of snow this year, and we have another blizzard warning up for tomorrow and Sunday.

All the neighbors are doing the run for milk, eggs and bread....which is sort of Northeastern slag for "fill up the pantry, because you may not be able to get out for a while". My pantry is always full. I have two young adult "kids" and three grandkids who come by looking for food. It never ends well if Yamma doesn't have something for the kiddies...

But I digress....mostly because I don't want to talk about that white crap that Mother Nature is ready to dump on us......AGAIN. We're already running out of places to put it, and it looks like there's no end in sight. Most people I know would love to kill that furry little rodent who, according to legend, told us on February 2nd that we have to put up with at least six more weeks of this nonsense before spring.

And don't try to point out that March the 22nd is six weeks from February 2nd. The natives turn toward thoughts slow roasting a writer over an open fire if you try to use the calendar and a little logic on them, but I can't blame them. Too many more weeks of looking out at more of this white stuff dropping from the clouds and I might start getting as antsy as they are.

But I have some projects  to finish.

LOTS of projects...

I'm also drawing my curtains shut as the newest blizzard (due to the predicted 33 mph winds rather than deep snow) makes an appearance. At the beginning of the winter, it's covering the dead leaves and lending beauty to the bare trees..

Now, it's just one more round of shoveling, snow blowing, freezing in the stiff breeze and harsh temperatures that are accompanying the snow. Muscles that are already sore from pushing too much snow in too little time have to be forced to do it one more time.

I'm going to ignore that part for as long as possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!