Friday, July 19, 2013

Advertising suggestions for new writers

Since I have no budget for advertising and my publisher doesn't provide any form of advertising, I've been studying ways to advertise for free.  You Tube offers a great service in that they allow you to use material that's copyrighted by a third party as long as you publically state that there are third party copyrights involved - and you basically put up a video with the understanding that, if someone asks you to take it down because they don't like you using their photos, music, etc., you WILL take it down with no arguments.

Of course, other ways to get your work noticed involve little things such as free web sites (hit me up to get directed to a tutorial for HTML if you want to make your own site), Facebook "fan pages" (again, hit me up if you can't figure out how to do this on your own), and, naturally, blogging....

Speaking of which, if you're from a country other than the U.S. and you've come to visit, I want to thank you VERY much!  I have a lot of friends in the U.S., so visitors from my home country are welcomed, but sort of expected.  It's those of you who are coming to visit from places where I don't knowingly know anyone that make me feel truly honored.

So, here are the links to the You Tube book video trailers that I've put together to introduce the books I've written.  If you have a suggestion on how to make these better, I'm all ears, and I'd gladly take a suggestion on a different program than Microsoft Movie Maker if it will allow me greater creative freedom on these projects - and if you're a musician who would like me to redo the visual with YOUR music included, I will gladly advertise your work along with mine!

Blessed be!

Night of the Tiger book video trailer

The Tiger's Cub book video trailer  (Actually, this one was done first and should be considered "the rough draft".....*grin*)

2 comments:

  1. i love book trailers! these did the job of introducing your books well, i think.

    kryptonite is one of my favorite songs, so that was awesome. and i also love the tagline: when lucky meets unlucky, whose luck wins out? (paraphrased because i have bad memory.) and of course i loved all the pictures of the characters come to life.

    i would suggest actually putting a link to the pages that sell your book (like the actual night of the tiger page on amazon not just amazon's page) in the description. i think people are more willing to click a link taking them directly to the book then to go search for it themselves on the site.

    also, i'm not sure if you already have one, but you could make an amazon author page and put the trailer up on there, too. maybe it will get it more exposure
    https://authorcentral.amazon.com/gp/landing?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

    i think there are also groups on goodreads where people share their book trailers. those might be worth checking out.

    oops. i had meant to post this earlier and came back to my computer hours later to find i forgot to hit "publish."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback, Sarah!

    I do have the author page on Amazon, but hadn't thought of posting there - or Goodreads. I was having a "I know I'm forgetting something" feeling, so between that and posting the links (when the second book has one) should ease that feeling.

    And thank you for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!