Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The ghosts in the machine.....

Here is how life is currently happening for me:

My children are grown and out of the house, so I'm only working part time - but it's retail, so I'm working strange hours.

I have one book lounging about, selling slowly but steadily, on a few internet sites.  I'm maintaining a fan site on Facebook.

I have a second book in the hands of my publisher, with a release date set.  I'm reading about Media Marketing.  I'm working on some of the ideas from the book, currently writing a blog and putting together a book video trailer to advertise it like a movie release, and it, too, has a Facebook page to maintain.

I'm trying to decide which of two nearly finished tales should be the next piece I concentrate on.  I'm leaning toward finishing the sci-fi/fantasy story, as it's the story that has been in the drawer longest, has all the notes gathered into one space, and has both a beginning and an end, but a few gaps in the middle.  But the voices of the characters in the historical romance are insisting on speaking as well.

So I'm trying to manage my time.  I do my chores around the house while keeping track of what time I need to get ready for work.  When I take breaks, I'm at the computer, working on the video or this blog.  On my days off, I'm gathering all the notebooks, scraps of paper, etc. that have the sci-fi/fantasy tale scribbled through and am gathering them into proper order.  The ghostly voices of my characters for the book have started to whisper, both in groups among themselves and as single entities, and I suspect that they will be stepping forward as soon as begin to edit.  They will encourage me, guide me, and eventually take me over to write the missing parts.

Then I'll be back to editing, selling, advertising......

You know - the things we've been discussing in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!