Thursday, January 16, 2014

Creativity on Parade

I have marvelous ideas on what I want to do for flyers, book covers, etc., but I don't always have the talent to get what I want to appear before me in my computer programs.  That's why I like being connected to creative people who have the knowledge I lack.

Case in point:  I needed a flyer to put around the towns around Valentine's Day to announce my Local Author's Series talk at the Portland Public Library.  I had an image of the words, large toward the front of the flyer and getting smaller toward the back, kind of like the Star Wars opening storyline in reverse, with my covers and characters to the sides.  I couldn't make it happen, but my marvelous co-worker at the Staples Copy Center has the power.  She made the following flyer, and when I posted it on Facebook, the shares across the social media began:


If you wish to come, it's an open invitation.  If you can't come but are willing to share the flyer with your friends and family who might wish to come, thank you for doing so.

I would love to meet you all, and hope you have creative people like this in YOUR life who can make your dreams happen......

2 comments:

  1. okay so i remember thinking the model for chase was good looking before, but i think after reading the book it's just... wow. holy hotness. i love chase so much, and i was honestly not expecting to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Sarah. (Copying this to share with Dylan Griner, the face of Chase, on Facebook.) The character in my head can be a royal pain in my tush when he wants something, but he's a pretty good person, for the most part. *grin*

    ReplyDelete

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!