Sunday, January 12, 2014

How did it get so late so soon? (Dr. Seuss)

I've been giving myself minor heart attacks all week.  This is because I suddenly realized that we're almost half-way through January, I have a Local Writer's Series talk booked for February 28th, which will be here in no time at the rate time is passing - and I'm not even CLOSE to being ready for it!

I have to take the rough draft of the speech I've written, read it aloud while recording to make sure it doesn't sound stupid or go beyond the time I've been allowed, and tweak it if need be.

I have to put together fliers announcing the event, get them printed, and post them on the spaces provided around downtown Portland for such things for people who don't have internet access, but might want to come.

I have to pick up either a cash box (that can be locked during the talk) or one of the locking tote boxes we sell at Staples (which would also be handy for carrying the books, as the tote boxes have wheels and a retractable handle) so that I have some means of having change for anyone purchasing a book after the talk who doesn't have a credit card.

I have to decide what form of a receipt I'm going to provide and purchase a receipt book.

I have to inventory my books and decide whether I'm going to purchase more copies and/or come up with some means of being able to do a prepaid order should I run out for those who want to purchase the autographed copy on the day of the event.  (Perhaps use the receipt book for the orders and just make sure to get a shipping address on the receipt?)

And, of course, I'm in my normal "post Christmas cleaning mode", in which I'm trying to go through the house and eradicate all the spiders who've been cheerfully building webs that involved my Christmas decorations, as I always get disgusted when I'm taking down the tinsel and have fresh webbing that I've put my hands into......

They say "Time flies while you're having fun", but it obviously also flies when you're just keeping up with the day to day grind.  Those of you who read my blog and who believe in the power of prayer, please say a prayer that I get everything done in time.....

Blessed be, and I sincerely hope you all have a very prosperous 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!