Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What's in a name?

I've been writing down bits and pieces of a new story in The Tiger Series (as my publisher has dubbed "Night of the Tiger" and "The Tiger's Cub") while trying to come up with a title for the new book so that I can begin writing it in earnest.  I have three rules when it comes to getting a title for this next book:

1) I don't want it to begin with the word "The" (as I had originally named the first one "The Night of the Tiger" and my publisher dropped "The" because there are WAY too many books out there beginning with that word)

2) It should have the word "Tiger" in it somewhere to tie it into the other two books in the series

3) It has to be a unique title that comes up all alone when typed into search engines.  (I neglected this for the first book, and there were three other books that would come up when people wanting to buy my book typed in the title.  There was only a movie from 1920 using "The Tiger's Cub" when I first titled the second book, but I waited two years before letting myself write that one, and others had caught on to that title in the delay and, if not for some aggressive media marketing, I would have been buried AGAIN in the search engine results.  I want to get this title set and the media marketing started even as I'm writing this time.....)

Friends on Facebook have been trying to help, but have now given me too many choices, so I'm asking for opinions on the title.  Of course, if you have one you think would work better that no one else is using, let me know that, as well:

A) Deeply Beats A Tiger's Heart
B) Wild Tiger's Heart
C) Tamed Tiger's Heart (alternate:  Taming the Tiger's Heart)
D) Tiger's Only One
E) Catching The Tiger's Heart (alternate: Catching the Tiger's Eye)
F) Understanding Tigers
G) Outlaw Tiger

Now, if you've read the books, Kyle Benton and his lovely tiger lady from the first book, Teresanna, come back and visit again.  Their son, Chase, and his lovely lady, Aloriah (aka Ree) from the second book are also heavily involved, as the third tale involves Aloriah's mother, Kelly.

A brief synopsis of the new tale (as it's been introduced to me so far by the characters) is that Kelly, unhappy with living 2 hours from her daughter and the people she cares about, sells her home on Indian Island in Old Town, Maine to buy a large piece of property outside of Greenville.  Because it has no buildings on the property, she makes the choice to cross some items off her bucket list while Kyle takes charge of putting up a main house for Kelly to live in as well as a couple of guest houses for visitors to use.  One of the places she wants to see is Italy, and while she's visiting Capri, she meets an Italian male model named Stefan Savoldi, who is eight years younger than Kelly, but when she refuses to treat him like the superstar that everyone else treats him as, he is intrigued by her and does everything in his power to capture her heart......

Suffice to say that this isn't one of those situations where they fall madly in love in the first chapter and everything falls into place for them......  :)

So, do any of the titles I've listed above float your boat?  Do you have another suggestion for me?  Am I being a total nerd in asking such a thing of my Fearless Readers?

Thank you, as always, for reading my blog - and for putting me over 800 hits for a blog that's been online less than a year!

2 comments:

  1. i like (c) best and (b) second best, but i always thought that the "tiger" both previous titles referred to was teressana so would there be anything in this new book that made kelly into a tiger, too?

    titles are so hard for me to think up, and a lot of the time i come up with them after everything is written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hints have been made, but I'm still waiting for the scene that confirms Kelly's official tiger status. As always, the characters are showing bits and pieces, and I'm faithfully trying to keep things in the right order while they tell me I need the Tiger in the title....*grin*

    ReplyDelete

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!