Sunday, October 9, 2016

Radiated Ghost Remains

First off, thank you all for letting me get the political crap off my mind last time. The only problem I seem to have with staying home is that I tend to get bored.....and with this being an election year, I would throw my television out a window if not for Pandora and NetflixI *shudder*. It's bad enough to have the Bad and the Ugly up for grabs this year (don't know what happned to the Good), but all that negativity.....

Suffice to say, I'm listening to Pandora this morning. The stations were going on and on about tonight's debate and I didn't want to hear it. I'm staying positive....

And I'm too busy trying to test my ability to glow in the dark.....

*grin*

Friday was my official "last" day of radiation (provided they don't see another growth anywhere), and I have my mask they used to make me stay still for the machine to do it's thing. It's my face, but extended out, as if I'm coming out of the wall. It has white stripes across the eyes, but I never gave the machine the chance to "blast" my eyes. I would sit in the waiting room until my time, practicing yoga, then would go into the radiation room and clise my eyes, waiting for the techs to come in and tell me "Good job" as they released the mask....

They were all amused by me telling them it was going to be painted like Deadpool....

What better memory of the whole ordeal of the radiation than a Deadpool mask seeming to come out of the wall?

Now, it's on to the chemotherapy, which they tell me happens right around Halloween (or shortly thereafter). Wouldn't that be a hoot - a Halloween chemo treatment start? Five days of pills, twenty three days off, and then five more pills, possibly until next Halloween....

Seems right. Halloween was when my grandmother left life when I was the tender age of six. That I should enter the next stage of treatment then seems very fitting.

And for those that want to see my mask:


It'll look better with paint.....

*grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!