Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Obamacare, Smobamacare

Well before we added on my brain surgery, we had a hospital bill. (Okay, "bills", but I was keeping up with them.) I had made an arrangement to pay $150 for two separate bills and was trying - in June - to get those bills condensated because, by the END of June, we were going to be adding Bill's ankle surgery to the list.

Well, anyone who's been reading my blog since June 24 knows how THAT surgery worked out!

Needless to say, my husband has taken on the bills, and about 40 days ago, he noted that one of the hospital bills stopped coming, so he called their billing team and asked them to "look into it"....

Yeah! They "looked into it" all right!

Seems that the billing team decided that, DESPITE what they have been told and DESPITE what the arrangements were, they decided that $150 per month on THIS bill was going to a collection agency....

Nice! So instead of sending US any form of "notice", or calling my husband's cell phone - or EVEN leaving a message on our home phone, we now have to deal with the collection agency.

And that's not all!

DESPITE being informed at every doctor visit that we're WELL BEYOND the point of coming up with a "fee" for every doctor visit (because I'm WELL BEYOND the "paid fee" for the insurance company), we keep having to contact the American Cancer Society to inform them that WE DON'T OWE YOU ANY MORE MONEY!

And Obamacare?

Yeah! That saved us TONS of money, including a "recovery room" for EVERY MRI visit. (There IS no "recovery room". I go in, they put the little tube in to deliver the "contrast", they pull it out and tell me "have a nice day", and I go out. NO RECOVERY ROOM!)

So did Obamacare save me ANYTHING?

No!

Has it saved my insurance company (which my husband gets through work) any money?

No!

Did ANYTHING get paid by Obamacare AT ALL?

NO!

And the worst part is that, in order to NOT get "dinged" by the Obamacare, I have to provide "proof of insurance" every year now with my taxes.....

So....

If you're one of the hospitals that we owe tons of money to, LOOK OVER YOUR BILLS BEFORE THEY LEAVE YOUR DESK AND MAKE SURE THERE IS NO "RECOVERY ROOM" (or other such things that I DIDN'T receive while I was there) TO MAKE US HAVE ANOTHER LOOK-SEE AT WHAT YOU BILLED THE INSURANCE COMPANY FOR! (It's bad enough that my husband is working 60 plus hours per week to have to do YOUR job for you, and I CERTAINLY hear about it when he's saying "How did you have a recovery room when they came to the room where you were at 11:30 P.M., put you on an elevator to bring you down for the MRI, then returned you to your bed upstairs?")

If you're billing me for some "fee" that you think you deserve, CALL MY INSURANCE COMPANY AND ASK!

If you're a newly hired Collection Agency for my "previous bill", WE HAVE BEEN PAYING EVERY BILL AND THE HOSPITAL HAS NO GROUNDS FOR HIRING YOU SHORT OF SOMEONE IN BILLING DECIDING TO MAKE YOU DO THE MONTHLY BILLING SO THEY CAN HAVE TEA AND CRUMPETS INSTEAD OF DOING THIER JOB!

And if you're representing Obamacare, WASN'T THIS SUPPOSED TO STOP THIS BILLING CYCLE STUFF? All I've seen so far is that the Obamacare has RAISED my bills because I use an independent insurance company instead of some government-funded "superpower" to lower my bills. How about something for those of us who've been paying ass-over-teapot to private insurance companies FOR YEARS before this so-called "benefit"?

Bill almost has enough in his savings account/"fishing" account to pay off one of our credit cards. While all you HOSPITALS are goofing around with recovery rooms for MRI's, billing me for things I never got, and basically fucking my life up, we're going to pay a credit card INSTEAD OF YOU!

Have a nice day, all you non-hospital people, and for the hospital people, HAVE A NICE TIME AT THE COURTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is to COMMENT ON THE BLOG, not TO SELL YOUR STUFF!

If you insist on commenting that "you need this", be prepared to have your comment deleted PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE ANJU SHUKLA!!